IMPORTANT LIFE LESSONS 2020 TAUGHT ME

 



Hi everyone. Compliments of the season. I was flipping through my planner the other day, and after a few page turns I was hit with a hard reality-the end of the planner. The end of an era. The end… of 2020. Here I was trying to make preparations for the month after December, and then I realized, wait a second- the month after this one starts a whole NEW year. 2020 has been.. a lot. But 2020 has taught me the life lessons I didn’t know I needed. My year was filled with transitions in every area. Transitions at home, in my relationship, at my workplace, in friendships, EVERYWHERE. And sometimes, it felt like too much to handle. Thankfully I started to look at things with a different lens, and God worked more than a few things out in my favor. Life lessons during a global pandemic? Yup! I’ve got some. So let’s go!

 LIFE LESSONS FROM 2020

ALL YOU HAVE IS ALL YOU NEED

All you have right now, today, is all you need to go into tomorrow, or to go through the rest of

the day. Don’t focus on what someone else has or on what you don’t have. You can make do

with what God gave you.

YOU CAN BET ON GOD

Things can look ghetto outside, the world can be falling apart, you could be fired from your job, and still bet on God. You can count on Him when you can’t count on anyone else and guess what? He’ll come through for you.

SOMETIMES PEOPLE GROW APART… AND THAT’S OKAY

I have to admit, whenever I’d feel a relationship getting distant, I’d feel guilty. Was it me? Do I

need to reach out more? Was it something I said? And then I realized that honestly, it’s a part of

life. Some people are only meant to be in your life for a season.

YOU CAN’T OUTWORK GOD

No matter how hard you try, or how much you want success, you can’t outwork God. God taught

me this lesson a few months ago and I’ll never forget it. I was determined to put my foot on the

gas and do everything I thought I needed to do to be successful, God said nope, and He sat me

right down. He reminded me to depend on Him for what I want in life and things have been on

the up and up ever since.

ALL THINGS DO WORK TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD

I’ve been shouting Romans 8:28 from the rooftop but, hear me out, it is true! Everything that you

go through really does work together to make you who you need to be and get you to where you

need to be. Even when it doesn’t look like it.

IT’S ONLY CRAZY UNTIL IT HAPPENS

I believe God for a lot of things. I am currently believing God for a lot of things. Why? Because

He’s God! He’s the creator of the Universe and the source of all other resources. I’d be crazy

not to believe God for BIG things, but to other people, I’m crazy because I do. And to those

people I say, it’s only crazy until it happens

PROMOTION COMES FROM ABOVE

It’s easy to want someone to “put you on” because of the connections they have, but if you

REALLY want to be “put on” there’s only one person who can help. When we submit to the will

of God and bow down in His presence, He will lift us up and take us where we have never been.

2020 is constantly showing me that promotion comes from above.

WHAT YOU DO TODAY MATTERS

The choices you make every day add up, and it can either push you toward your goals or pull

you further away from it. This year taught me that what you do each day matters.

YOU WON’T SUCCEED TRYING TO FULFILL SOMEONE ELSE’S CALLING

Don’t’ let anyone pull you out from where God assigned you to be. You won’t succeed trying to

be someone else or trying to do what other people are doing, because God made you to do

something different. God made you to fulfill the purpose He created for you. Not for your good

sis or your favorite Celebrity.

 

2020 has been… a year. I can hardly believe that we’re at the finish line. I’ve trained my eye to

see the good in everything and I’m grateful for the blessings that I’ve experienced despite a

global pandemic and the lessons I’ve learned that could last me a lifetime.

I’d love to know… what did 2020 teach you?

KEEP GROWING &GLOWING

19 Comments

  1. 2020... Hmmm it's really one of the year that wowed me. it's isn't over until it is over. **Glory be to GOD Almighty *** Thanks Miss Ify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not give up dear, God gat us! Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Wow...truth is this year has really been one lonnnngggg year with so many obstacles,depressing moments, times where you just want to end it. However, I smiled when you mentioned that you can't outwork God. So true,God keeps showing himself as the pilot and master planner. It's been a lot of lessons for me though and I feel blessed reading your post. 2021 will truly be amazing. Thanks Ify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you came out stronger regardless. thank you so much darling for your support and for taking time to read! :)

      Delete
  3. 2020 is indeed a year, I learnt and am still learning to appreciate every moment, this year taught me to just take it one day at a time and i am indeed grateful regardless

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year has taught me lessons that God will always be there for us once we trust in him. Through the UPS and downs he came through. Year 2020 is a year one has to be grateful for been alive and surviving the hurdles. Hoping for a better 2021.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He always comes through! 2021 will be better. Amen. Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  5. For me, 2020 was the year I learnt to take a break and take care of myself. I learned to breath and let God handle things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes darling! Let go and Let God! Thanks for reading my dear :)

      Delete
  6. 2020 was indeed a spectacular year for me. But in all God never failed. He just does wonders.
    Wonderful piece Sis. Please keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally relate with points number 2 and 5! This year felt like a storm for me but even in the midst of the storm, God still fulfilled his promises in my life!!. Thanks so much for this master piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He always comes through you know! Thank you so much for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post